1. Set up may take place on Friday between 1000 – 2000 hours. Saturday & Sunday from 0700 hours – 0845 hours.
2. The Festival area is open from 0700 to 1800 on Saturday and Sunday. Stands must be open to the general public on Saturday from 0900 to 1700 and on Sunday from 1000 to 1700. Stalls must be open and attended at all times. Please do not leave early as this has a negative effect on other stall holders. Any changes to these times by stall holders must be agreed with the area coordination (details at bottom of page).
3. All items must be removed by the end of day on Sunday, but no later than 2000 hours.
4. All vehicles must vacate the Festival area by 0845. Vehicles will not be permitted entry to the Festival site during opening hours. Vehicles will be permitted to the New Harbour area after 1700, via Schoolhendry Street or Links Road. No access will be allowed via Low Street, Church St or North High Street. Access to the Old Harbour area will be permitted after 1800 hours. Access to the Back Green area will be permitted after 1700
5. Please unload your vehicle during the permitted times as above. Vehicles must then be parked in the Festival Car Park. A free parking pass will be issued, please display it clearly in your vehicle. The car park is about 5-10 minutes’ walk from the main Festival area. A shuttlebus will be in operation to the Festival Main Gate and Salmon Bothy from 0730. Police enforcement will apply on various roads throughout the town with prohibited parking and waiting during Festival weekend.
6. All stallholders must have Public Liability Insurance and must have evidence of this at the event, as well as sending a copy along with completed Registration Form prior to the Festival.
7. All stallholders must complete and return a Risk Assessment form within 14 days after successfully securing a space.
8. All stallholders selling food must meet Environmental Health requirements as set by Aberdeenshire Council. Current PASS Certificates and any other relevant certificates must be submitted to the Food Fayre/Catering Coordinator within 14 days after successfully securing a space. Copies must be made available for inspection on the stand during the Festival weekend. Information requests made by, or on behalf of, Aberdeenshire Council Environmental Health Department must be met and guidance adhered to.
9. It should also be noted that stall holders selling alcohol, should have been issued with the relevant Occasional Licence. This licence must be applied for, no later than six weeks prior to the event.
10. Please also ensure that alcohol or any products containing alcohol i.e. samples, raffle prizes etc are only issued to persons aged 18 years or over. It is against the law to supply alcohol to persons under 18 years of age.
11. As part of the Festival’s efforts to be as environmentally sustainable as possible, please note that all cups, plates, containers, cutlery, packaging and bags used to dispense food, beverages or other items to customers are required to be biodegradable.
12. All liquids, including cooking oils, waste water, cleaning chemicals etc must be disposed of in a safe and responsible manner to ensure they do not to bring harm to our environment.
13. Stallholders must bring their own packing/wrapping materials which must be free of plastic.
14. Stall space must be kept tidy for the duration and be left in a tidy condition at the end of the Festival. Please ensure all items are removed including packaging, cable ties etc and are disposed of appropriately. Failure to do so may result in attendance in future years being refused. Please take rubbish home should the rubbish containers be full.
15. Stallholders are not permitted to encroach onto an adjacent stall for any reason whatsoever. It is essential that you advise the exact space you require on the Registration Form at time of booking.
16. Please ensure any items provided by the Festival are left at your stance before you leave the Festival site i.e. tables, chairs, boards etc. The Festival incurs substantial charges for any such items not returned to equipment hire companies.
17. Stallholders using power must have completed a Request for Electrical Supply Form, listing all items for use with loadings. All items must have a valid PAT test certificate. The Organisers refuse the right to connect any appliance / remove any appliance that does not conform.
18. If successful in securing a space all required documents must be submitted within 14 days, these include Risk Assessments, Electrical Requirements, Public Liability Insurance & Environmental Health Pass Certificates. Further documents must be submitted to Aberdeenshire Environmental Health Department if you sell food or drink. Failure to submit all required documents within 14 days will forfeit your space at the Festival.
19. Payments must be made within 14 days of successfully securing a space. Failure to make payment within 14 days will forfeit your space at the Festival.
20. Refunds will only be considered should the event be cancelled for any reason prior to setting up. Cancellation by the Exhibitor will not be eligible for a refund.
Any queries should be directed to the area coordinator
Crafts & Stalls:
Sandy Thomson – email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Food Fayre & Catering:
Wendy Bennett – email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Maritime & Entertainment:
Richard Thorne – email@example.com
firstname.lastname@example.org / 01261 842951